March – Discovered Some Great Homeschool Materials!

Okay – March came and went WAY too fast. I’m not hardly even sure what happened! It was a double birthday month for us with Max turning 2 and Mikaela turning 10. The girls and I attended our first ever ND Homeschool conference in Jamestown. We traveled to the conference with a friends and stayed over one night. The girls and I had a good time. The girls reconnected with some friends they had when we lived down in Abercrombie and some new friends they’ve made in the homeschool world.

At the conference I was able to check out all the vendors and see some really cool stuff. One of the vendors, Moti-venture had a cool product to enable families to setup these motivational adventures. I got a couple and we’ve enjoyed getting started with them. It’s a really fun and creative idea. We also picked up some additional reading material including reading books from Christian Light – the kids and I both agree these are wonderful books to continue.

One of our favorite vendors was a family-run homeschool store – Heppner’s (from MN). I recommend them to anyone looking for great books. One find at the conference was the Viking Quest series – Kaela plans to read the series with a friend this summer. Another great series we found there is the Kingdom Series followed by the Knights of Arrethtrae Series – totally awesome books for boys and girls (and I thoroughly enjoy reading them to the kids as well). We definitely found some great stuff!

Other than birthdays, that’s all I can remember of March . . . .now I need to catch up with April – I’m SO behind!